Saturday, July 12, 2014

Finally, painting again!!!

I was beginning to think I would never get back to my easel.  I have been trying to be courageous and disciplined to be a "plein air" painter, but it is not easy in the heat of summer.  I started something a few days ago but could not finish before the sun moved too much.  I was going to go back to it yesterday, but the sun and clouds would not cooperate.

It was hot and very buggy.  The flies would not leave me alone!  However, I stuck with it and enjoyed it.  I will try to finish this next week, I hope.

So I decided to paint inside yesterday and finish something I had started earlier in the week.  When I try to jump start my painting experiences, I alway go to a car - especially a red and shiny car.


Beemer Princess
8" x 10"
Oil on Canvas
$150


This was from a car show I happened across last year.  There were lots of old beautifully restored cars, but this little Beemer princess was sitting alone worshipping the sun!  Love her. 

If you wish to purchase this painting go to

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/janis--mccarty/princess-beemer/243979

No comments:

Post a Comment