Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Another Plein Air

Last Friday the hubby and I went to Herb Parsons Lake, about 15 minutes from the house. It is one of our favorite outdoor places.  My dad used to take our family there to fish and to picnic.  When my husband was a senior in high school he caught his biggest fish ever there.  The fish still hangs on our wall (in a back bedroom on a remote wall.  Hey, the fish is old.) Anyway, hubby fished, and I practiced painting outdoors in a hurry before the light changes techniques. It was a unusually cool morning for July in the south.  I added the kayaks at home from photos I took.  I'm not sure I got those right.

"Fisherville"
6" x 8"
Oil on Panel
NFS
When I was a child we called the lake Fisherville Lake. I don't know when or why the name was changed.  Maybe we just called it the wrong name. I love the place.  It  has a 7 mile hiking trail around the lake that my husband and I enjoy, especially in the fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment