Saturday, August 27, 2016

"Stretching" Week 3

Last week our assignment for Sketchbook Skool was to draw something with wheels - right up my alley.  Earlier in the summer I had taken a photo of this chunky green dump truck just before I went on vacation.  He had been parked in a field right at the end of our neighborhood with a "For Sale" sign in the window.  I wish I had a reason to buy him.  I wanted to go sit in the field and draw him, but it was scorching hot outside, and I am a wimp.  So I took pictures before we went out of town.  I am so glad I did because he was gone when we got back.
The assignment was to draw with an ink pen, using hatching for shading, and adding some color.  I loved doing this one. The second part of the lesson was to draw the same vehicle from a different angle with a different medium and to draw it fast and loose.  I tried to do a digital drawing over and over.  I have done digital work before, but I failed to do anything presentable. So at the last minute I grabbed a brush pen and drew it quickly on the paper. After all my failed attempts on the computer and the iPad I really really understood this truck.  I was able to knock this one out much faster than I expected.  And I actually fell in love with the brush pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment