Friday, January 12, 2018

Recent Sketchbook Work

Here is some work that I have done in my sketchbooks since the beginning of the year:



I have been taking Vespa and scooter photos for years.  These are Micron pen and watercolor.
At one time I did a little oil painting of one little orange one that I think is posted on this blog a few years back.
They remind me of snails.






Sketching at Whole Foods on a cold day.  The checker was so gracious and warm about the Urban Sketchers drawing her while she worked.
I added the beets on the bottom left of these 2 pages on the Whole Foods sketching outing.   I had drawn the other veggies in previously but felt I needed one more healthy food choice on this spread for balance.  I actually stood in the produce aisle and sketched while shoppers were choosing their produce items.  Everyone ignored me, thank goodness, except one young lady who worked in the store. She walked over and rearranged the beets as I was drawing, and then she walked away.  She didn't say one word or touch one other thing, just rearranged.  Maybe she was a little protective of her beets.  Hmmmm.

Here is a close up of those beets - fast and loose.  I don't love standing up and painting.



I was hungry for something sweet a few days ago, and this was the result.  I meant for this to be ink and watercolor, but I didn't realize I had the wrong ink in my Lamy pen. When I started to paint, the ink ran.  I had to correct what I could and then use Prisma colored pencils to add the color.   This sketchbook particular sketchbook 
is devoted to food.


No comments:

Post a Comment